When you create your candidate profile you’ll need to select your profile privacy status, which determines who can see your eFinancialCareers profile and uploaded CV.
You have three choices: non-searchable, searchable, and searchable but anonymous.
- Non-searchable – You’ve created your profile but aren’t ready to be contacted directly yet? Choose “non-searchable” and employers won’t be able to access your profile when conducting searches on our candidate database. However, you can use your non-searchable profile to apply for jobs. This is our default option for your profile.
- Searchable – Want employers to reach out to you directly with job opportunities? Choose this option to make your profile searchable in our candidate database, so recruiters can provide you with roles matching your skillset.
- Searchable but anonymous – Want to be found but not contacted directly? Remove your contact details from your CV and choose the “searchable but anonymous” option. Employers will not see your name or your contact information from your eFinancialCareers profile but can still reach out to you using our anonymous contact function which will send an email to you without displaying it to employers.
- If your candidate profile is “Searchable” or “Searchable but anonymous”, our clients may view, download, print, or forward your profile to their colleagues.
- Any job applications you have made on eFinancialCareers and/or any data you sent directly to recruiters may still be stored on the recruiters’ own platforms.
- If you choose to make your profile unsearchable or if you choose to remove your account from eFinancialCareers, we will notify any clients who have veiwed your information and ask them to remove your data from their own systems, however, it is up to the recruiters to process these requests
- We will use your IP address to verify your location, but we will never share your IP address with any other person or company.
Don’t worry if you change your mind, you can edit your searchable status whenever you want by logging into your eFinancialCareers account and choosing “Account Settings”.