JONATHON ROGERS, CFA
24 Dice Way
New York NY 10001
Talented Financial Professional with over 8 years’ experience in Corporate and Investment Banking. Possess comprehensive understanding of Risk Management, Mergers and Acquisitions, and leveraged, asset, and structured finance. Outstanding analytical thinker adept at building Financial Models, such as Discounted Cash Flows (DCF), Leveraged Buyout (LBO), and Market Multiples Analyses. Strong understanding of Actuarial Analysis, including using both statistical and historical data to ascertain risks of prospective investments. Excellent communicator able to build strong rapport with clientele and coworkers, with experience working closely with trading desks, analysts, marketing, legal, and hedge, pension, and mutual fund managers. Skilled at Financial Statement analysis, including using Horizontal and Vertical and Ratios Analysis. Certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM) and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation. Possess Series 7 & 63.
ABCD Banking, New York, NY 2006 – Present
Associate, Corporate Banking
– Managed or directly participated in diverse facets of over $4B in deals over last 4 years, including meeting with clientele, performing due diligence, presenting data to credit committee, and working with both internal and external parties to execute deals.
– Performed research and created multiple financial models to evaluate market trends and competition in Energy, Utilities, and Telecommunications sectors. Recommendations were presented to senior management, which resulted in aggressive penetration of new markets.
– Liaise with legal department, risk management, investment banks, and external consultants to review documentation and ensure open communication throughout all stages of deal.
– Work directly with senior management and marketing department to package and sell complex financial products to clientele, including derivatives.
EFGH Corp., New York, NY 2002 – 2005
Credit Analyst, Corporate Banking Group (2003 – 2005)
– Worked with senior managers to perform analysis of capital, credit, and loans for both existing and prospective clientele, including over 25 Fortune 500 organizations.
– Built financial models to assess risk and create accurate projections for numerous credit proposals. Reported findings and made recommendations to senior managers based on data.
– Helped structure numerous loans, working directly with both internal and external departments, including managing relationships with key customers.
– Conducted due diligence and built financial models to assess loan structure, examining free cash flow, leverage, revenue, EBITDA, and valuations.
– Part of 3-member team tasked by senior management to develop new rating system to evaluate credit rating of corporate and municipal clientele, significantly reducing company’s exposure.
Internship, Corporate Banking Group (2002)
– Worked closely with Associates and other departments throughout organization, researching risk management, M & A, Credit Analysis, and financial statements.
– Examined industry trends and alternative financing options.
Expert Excel, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), Moody’s, Financial Modeling, Wealth Planning (SunGuard PlanningStation and WA models), SAS
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Financial Risk Manager (FRM), 2006
Possess Series 7 & 63
The Wharton School of Business, Philadelphia, PA
MBA, 2002. GPA: 3.9
New York University, New York, NY
Stern School of Business.
BS, Finance, 2000. GPA: 3.9.
Graduated Summa Cum Laude