Admittedly, it’s not that easy to get a job in the US if a European without a green card. Nevertheless, it has been known for quants to work in the US under an H-1B visa.
This being the case, we would like to draw your attention to the list of the top 10 quant schools in the June issue of Advanced Trading magazine. They’re all in the US, which is unsurprising as Advanced Trading is a US publication and its judging panel was mostly US-focused. We will try to bring you something similar for EMEA, soon.
In the meantime, here’s the US top ten:
1. Carnegie Mellon University’s Master of Science in Computational Finance (M.S.C.F.)
2. Columbia University’s Master of Science in Financial Engineering
3. Cornell University’s Master of Engineering with Financial Engineering Concentration
4. Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan School of Business’s Masters in Finance
5. New York University Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Master of Science of Mathematics in Finance (M.S.M.F.)
6. Princeton University’s Masters in Finance
7. Rutgers University’s M.S. in Quantitative Finance via the Business School or M.S. in Mathematics with an Option in Mathematical Finance via the School of Arts and Sciences.
8. Stanford University’s Master of Science in Financial Mathematics
9. University of California At Berkeley (Haas School of Business) Master of Financial Engineering
10. University of Chicago Master of Science of Financial Mathematics