If headhunters are right, a select group of senior bankers in London are now earning a lot more than before. Stéphane Rambosson, head of the financial services team at executive search firm DHR told the Financial Times that under the Financial Conduct Authority’s punitive new senior managers regime, a limited number of senior staff (those designated ‘significant management’ by the regulator) are suddenly earning a lot more than the rest.
“The most in-demand City executives are looking for bigger remuneration and better personal protection packages when negotiating for new roles that are caught under the regime, to offset the risks of putting their own necks on the line,” Rambossen told the FT.
And who are these highly remunerated senior staff who you might want to get to know? We’ve combed through the FCA’s new and updated register of banks’ top people for Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan. These are (most of) their people in “significant management” functions in London – not all of whom you will be familiar with.
If Rambossen’s right, these are the highest paid people at GS and JPM in the City. In reality, some of those on the list below may not be paid that well – anyone in an HR or operations job (a so-called “back office” job) will almost certainly be paid less than a successful front office salesperson, trader, or banker, irrespective of whether they’re designated senior management or not.
Top people at J.P. Morgan in London
1. Guy America: co-head of global credit
2. Alessandro Barnaba, co-head of international sales and marketing
3. Eugene Beattie: Chief Auditor for the EMEA Region
4. Charles Bristow: Co-global head of rates
5. Simon Cooper: Chief technology officer
6. Andrew Cox: Head of global credit risk and client operations for EMEA
7. Stephen Dulake: Head of international credit research
8. Jason Holt: Head of anti-money laundering operation, economic sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption in EMEA
9.Sikander Ilyas: MD & Co-Head of International Sales & Marketing EMEA
10. Laban Jackson: Head of JPMorgan Chase’s audit committee
11. Sanjay Jhamna: Head of EMEA credit trading
12. James Kenny: Co-head of global rates, FX, commodities and emerging markets
13. Christian Kern: Head of European equity research
14. Elena Korablina: Chief financial officer in Europe
15. David Michael Lefkowitz: Global Market Strategist on the J.P. Morgan Funds Global Market Insights Strategy Team
16. Laurent Marquis: Head of European equities trading
17. Julia Meazzo: EMEA HR Executive
18. Kristian Orssten: Head of high yield and loan capital markets in London
19. Daniel Pinto: Chief executive officer of Corporate & Investment Bank and Chief Executive Officer of EMEA of J.P. Morgan Securities.
20. Chris Rowland: Global head of the custody business.
21. Stephen Sanders: Head of EMEA Regulatory Development
22. Jason Sippel: Global Head of Prime Services
23. Tim Throsby: Global head of equities
24. Olivier Vigneron: Chief Risk Officer EMEA region
25. Lawrence Waller: Head of market operations
Top people at Goldman Sachs in London
1. Fareed Ali: Global audit director of technology
2. Sally Ann Boyle: International Head of Human Capital Management
3. Michael Daffey: Global Co-Chief Operating Officer of the Equities Franchise
4. Francois De Mallmann: Co-Head Global Consumer Retail & Healthcare Group
5. Lisa Donnelly: Co-head of the operations division at Goldman Sachs in Bangalore
6. Isabelle Ealet: Global Co-Head of the Securities Division
7. Jim Esposito: Chief strategy officer of the Securities Division and co-head of Global FICC Sales
8. Charles Eve: Managing Director, Regional Regulatory Affairs Global Compliance Divisio
9. Christopher French: Head of private wealth management in Europe.
10. Richard Gnodde: Goldman Sachs International and Co-Head, Investment Banking
11. Dermot McDonogh: International Controller for Goldman Sachs
12. Kayhan Mirza: Global Head of Foreign Exchange Trading at The Goldman Sachs Group
13. Simon Morris: Global head of credit trading
14. Konstantinos Pantazopoulos: Global Head of Interest Rate Products of Goldman Sachs International
15. Michelle Pinggera: International chief of staff
16. Michael Sherwood : Co-CEO, Goldman Sachs International
17. Damian Sutcliffe: EMEA tech head and global chief of operations technology
18. Mark Taylor: Head of Financial Crime Compliance at Goldman Sachs International
19. Richard Tufft: Regional head of EMEA Equity Research at Goldman Sachs
20. Andrew Wolff: Head of EMEA Merchant Banking