Hi everyone. I’m working in an equity sales/broking role for a boutique and want to make a change. I’m looking either for straight equity sales roles or for corporate broking roles at larger organisations where I can learn more.
I’ve interviewed at a couple of places and the feedback has been excellent, but I haven’t been hired. I am also currently taking the PCIAM (private clients investment advice and management) which is necessary in my current role as UNHWs and HNWs form a good proportion of our client base.
Does anyone have any advice?
2009: Private Business School, London
MA in Management & Finance (Merit)
Majors: Finance for Managers, Global Corporate Finance, Risk Management
2006: UK University
BA (Hons) Politics
Majors: Oil and Security in the Persian Gulf, Terrorism and Counter Terrorism and Nationalism and Fascism
A Levels: English, History, Politics, Geography
English mother tongue
January 11- Present Corporate finance boutique
Boutique Corporate Finance business focused on renewable, leisure and technology sectors.
Position: Equity Sales / Corporate Broking
– Fund raising for private placements of between 500,000 to 10m.
– Organising / managing road shows. Acquiring new clients.
– Clients include HNWs, family offices, VCs, PCBs and private equity / hedge funds in the UK and Europe.
– Preparing / editing marketing material, pitch books, full private placement and information memorandum and email campaigns using Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
– Communicating with current shareholders.
– Ad hoc tasks required in a small company.
June 09 – October 10 Hedge fund information provider
Position: Institutional Sales / Investor Relations
– Supporting fund raising efforts in UK, Benelux and Ireland.
– Opening new markets and closing deals in those markets less than 2 months later where deal size increased incrementally (first deal was 300,000 Euros).
– Organising road shows.
– Writing monthly newsletter with market overview.
– Handling external client queries in an accurate and timely manner.
– Use of MS office programmes incl. Excel and PowerPoint for peer comparisons and prospectus material.
– Acquiring clients (including cold calling).
Feb 09-May 09 Consulting firm, London
Position: Intern / Business Development
– Lead generation and research of 100s of charitable endowments’ balance sheets. Cold calling, shadowing the fund manager and performing ad hoc (excel based usually) tasks for him.
– Production of marketing documentations: Presentations, back tests, terms-sheets
– Acquisition of new clients
Oct 07- Feb 08 Custodian
Position: Money Market Investigations
– Analysis of complex data in investigating non receipt money market deals in Sterling, Euros and US dollars.
– Used various database systems and compiled reports sent to external clients for validation.
– Liaised with brokers, custodians and fund managers throughout the day.
Nov 06 – Mar 07 Construction and Property Consultancy, London
Position: Graduate Project Manager
– Researched and compiled reports and Excel template scoring matrix used in the evaluation of various contractors’ merits for schemes.
– Shadowing the Project Manager.