Use the comments box below to rate this resume. What chance does he have to advance his career?
“I have got four years’ experience in the finance industry (both Singapore and Hong Kong), primarily in investment banks and hedge funds. I currently work as an equity trader, and I am exploring opportunities in working in an international investment-management firm as an equity trader/dealer.”
CFA Level 1-Passed, SFC Type 4 (Advising on securities), & SFC Type 9 (Asset management)
Major UK university: 2001 – 2005
Masters in Civil Engineering (MEng)
Degree Class: Second Upper
Hedge fund, Hong Kong: 2007 onwards
Equity Trader/ Analyst
– A market neutral multi-strategy equity fund that focus on the Greater China region (China A-Shares, Taiwan and Hong Kong). Strategies include pair trading, relative performance, directional, and volatility trading. The fund is managed by various financial products including cash equities, stock options, index futures, and index options. My responsibilities include:
– Working alongside with the portfolio manager by proactively identifying and implementing new trading ideas, providing information on market sentiment, trading environment etc.
– Manage the ‘Delta Rebalancing’ and stock allocation of the funds on a daily basis.
– Providing investment advice by visiting company management regularly via broker-held meeting, analyzing market news and the fund’s P&L
– Executing equity securities transactions across the Greater China markets via DMA & Bloomberg.
– Drafting of monthly newsletters on behalf of the fund.
– Conducting analysis by getting various data via Bloomberg terminal.
Global investment bank, Hong Kong: 2006- 2007
Equities Product Controller – Finance Division
– Produced daily P&L for the purpose of monitoring the trading activity of the Synthetic Products Group.
– Worked with other areas extensively in the firm including Trading, Operations, Financial Control & IT departments, for ensuring accurate and appropriate capturing of trades as well as implementing new procedures and systems.
– Performed independent price verification and valuation on equities related products, including zero strike options, equity swaps and CFDs.
– Improved existing Product Control processes by taking ownership on various development projects.
Major European bank, investment banking arm, Singapore: 2005- 2006
Credit Derivatives Product Controller- Price Testing Team
– Performed the daily and monthly product control price-testing function for 5 Europe Credit
Derivatives books, main products include credit default swap, vanilla bonds and loans.
– Involved in independent assessment by comparing the front office prices at a particular moment and independent market data source, such as Bloomberg, Markit and Lombard.
– Analyzed and explained whether the position is overly aggressive or conservative, and thus seek to
adjust the trader’s P & L at which communication and interpersonal skills play at important role.
– Managed EITF reserve as well as recovery rate reserve on the books to ensure accurate P&L reporting.
– Attended Middle Office Training Course (MOTC) (supported by MAS), which provided extensive product knowledge (Fixed Income, Equities & Commodities) as well as important control procedures.
Boutique investment firm, Hong Kong: 2004
Summer Intern on the trading floor
– Conducted research and statistical modeling for constructing a basket of stocks in Kospi200 and Tai Wan Index by obtaining historical data via the Bloomberg machine, and hence providing advice upon purchasing new stocks.
– Conducted mathematical modeling for the variance swap for a proprietary trader by getting 10 years of historical data via the Bloomberg machine.
Engineering firm, UK: 2003
Trainee Geotechnical Engineer
– Basic Operation of Bloomberg, Reuters and Trading Screen
– Good knowledge of Microsoft package and use of Internet
– Basic operation of Engineering Programs-Maple, Fortran, Computer Aided Design(CAD), Matlab and Solid work
– Fluent in English & Mandarin., Native in Cantonese and Basic in Japanese