“More hiring is likely in trading. There’s a bit of movement in corporate credit trading. I’d also expect to see some activity in emerging market trading and short term rates. Things are starting to pick up as people resign after their deferred payments vest. I am expecting a pick-up after Easter, but there won’t be huge amounts of hiring. This is all against a backdrop of ongoing redundancies, so it’s not as if banks will be hiring in numbers.”
The Easter predictions of Russell Clarke, Partner at Figtree Search
5 April 2012
- The hottest finance jobs outside of the front office
- Career Crunch: 20 hot skills banks want now, is the CFA really worth it?
- Investment banks’ trading teams hop on the optimistic hiring bus
- Deutsche Bank has pressed the pause button on hiring
- Where the hiring is in the happy world of fund management