Scholey was previously chairman of SG Warburg, and had once been tipped as a possible Governor of the Bank of England. Leonhard Fischer, 36, has been made a full member of the management board at Dresdner Bank, Frankfurt. Fischer will take joint responsibility for global equities along with Gerhardt Eberstadt. The supervisory board is responsible for appointing management and evaluating performance, but not for the day-to-day running of the company. Fischer joined the bank in 1995, previously having been managing director and head of global markets and treasuries at the German unit of JP Morgan.
Scholey to chair Close Brothers
8 March 1999
- Morning Coffee: Bank dumps M&A juniors, says experienced staff needed now. Goldman Sachs gloats in public
- Stress-reduction tips for bankers – by elite Asian headhunter who teaches yoga
- Bankers admire Wells Fargo ahead of Goldman, J.P. Morgan
- Ex-Goldman trader releases video designed to irritate former colleagues and discourage students from going into banking
- That male banking MD is earning a bonus 2x larger than your own