Scholey was previously chairman of SG Warburg, and had once been tipped as a possible Governor of the Bank of England. Leonhard Fischer, 36, has been made a full member of the management board at Dresdner Bank, Frankfurt. Fischer will take joint responsibility for global equities along with Gerhardt Eberstadt. The supervisory board is responsible for appointing management and evaluating performance, but not for the day-to-day running of the company. Fischer joined the bank in 1995, previously having been managing director and head of global markets and treasuries at the German unit of JP Morgan.
Scholey to chair Close Brothers
8 March 1999
- Behold the European bank poaching top talent from rivals in Asia
- How to jump from an investment bank to a hedge fund
- Two former M&A bankers reveal what it really takes to convert your summer internship into a job
- A refreshingly optimistic look into the future of investment banking
- Credit Suisse hires MD for equity derivatives business from defunct hedge fund