Scholey was previously chairman of SG Warburg, and had once been tipped as a possible Governor of the Bank of England. Leonhard Fischer, 36, has been made a full member of the management board at Dresdner Bank, Frankfurt. Fischer will take joint responsibility for global equities along with Gerhardt Eberstadt. The supervisory board is responsible for appointing management and evaluating performance, but not for the day-to-day running of the company. Fischer joined the bank in 1995, previously having been managing director and head of global markets and treasuries at the German unit of JP Morgan.
Scholey to chair Close Brothers
8 March 1999
- The junior banker’s guide to finding an affordable New York City apartment
- Goldman succumbs, cuts pay per head to lowest level for five years
- BAD NEWS: Morgan Stanley massively increases investment bank’s profits, cuts pay
- Citi’s raid on BAML’s equity derivatives business finally paying off
- Tax day leaves a burr under Wall Street’s saddle