eFinancialCareers is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users whilst providing personalised career management services.
Dice Holdings, Inc. (the parent company eFinancialCareers) is a licensee of the TRUSTe Privacy Program. TRUSTe is an independent, organization whose mission is to build user’s trust and confidence in the Internet by promoting the use of fair information practices. Because this Website wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information practices and have its privacy practices reviewed for compliance by TRUSTe.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact email@example.com. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should contact TRUSTe at http://watchdog.truste.com/pvr.php?page=complaint. TRUSTe will then serve as a liaison with us to resolve your concerns.
Dice Holdings, Inc. complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union and Switzerland, respectively.
Aggregate, anonymous information: We gather information about all of our users in relation to general site usage. We use this information in aggregate and anonymous form only. We may share this aggregate and anonymous information with partners and clients in order to demonstrate the activities of eFinancialCareers and enable them to improve their use of the service.
Personal information: We use the personal information that we collect from you to process your registration, provide personal career management tools (such as job search agents, résumé databases), identify personal preferences and match your needs with relevant products and services.
We respect your personal information and comply with all relevant UK data protection and privacy legislation governing its collection and use.
When you register on the website and when you make use of our services, you will be asked to provide us with certain personal information. We collect personal information such as name and email during registration. Additionally, we collect demographic information that you supply when you upload your resume and insert details, such as your address, work experience, location, and education background. We do not disclose to any third party information about your individual visits to the website or personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, email address, etc. unless we have your permission or we believe the law permits or requires it.
At any time, you can make a written request to have access to all the personal information that we hold about you. We will provide this information within 30 days of such request for a small administrative charge.
Where you have indicated at registration (and at any time thereafter) that you are happy to receive employer highlights and other promotions from selected companies, you consent to us sending you such offers. You may opt out of receiving such offers or change your preferences from receiving promotional communications from us and other companies at any time by logging into “My eFC” portal and changing your preferences under “ My Newsletter” , or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we collect information about you and how is it used?
1. Registration: We collect your name and e-mail address from you when you register for eFinancialCareers’ services. This provides you with secure login details and ensures that all information you subsequently provide to us remains confidential. It is your responsibility to keep your personal information up to date at all times. You can amend your personal information by updating your profile at http://www.efinancialcareers.co.uk
2. Your Tastes and Preferences: We also collect information about your tastes and preferences both when you tell us what these are and by analysis of customer traffic, including by using cookies and other technologies (see below). This enables us to personalise your visits to our website and to recommend goods or services to you. We also use this information to help us develop the design and layout of our website to ensure that it is as useful and enjoyable as possible.
3. Contests and Promotions: If you enter a contest or promotion we will ask for your name, address and e-mail address. This is so we can administer the contest and inform the winners. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
4. New Services: Sometimes we might use the information we have collected from you to let you know about new services or on functionality changes on our website. If you do not wish to receive this information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
5. Résumés: You can anonymously and confidentially profile your skills and experience to recruiters on the eFinancialCareers confidential résumé database.. You expressly consent to the collection and use of this personal information in accordance with this policy. eFinancialCareers will deal with any sensitive personal information in accordance with the Data Protection 1998.
When activated your résumé is viewable by recruiters but remains anonymous. Your name and contact information remain confidential and release of this information to recruiters remains in your control at all times. If a recruiter wishes to contact you they do so by sending an email to eFinancialCareers quoting the number of your résumé and details of their opportunity. This email is subsequently forwarded to you.
You decide whether you respond to the opportunity or not. If you choose to do so you contact the recruiter directly. eFinancialCareers does not contact recruiters on your behalf (unless, on each occasion, you expressly authorise us to do so). Nor do we recommend or give an opinion to any party as to the suitability of the job opportunity, you, the recruiter or employer.
We do our best to ensure that the ability to contact individuals in the résumé database is restricted to bona-fide clients such as recruiters, hiring managers, consultants and HR professionals. However, we are not responsible if some other third party posing as a bona-fide recruiter becomes a client, gains access to the résumé database and subsequently contacts you. You may remove your résumé(s) from our database at any time. However you should note that current or former clients of eFinancialCareers may have retained a copy of your anonymous résumé in their own files or databases. We are not responsible for the retention, use or privacy of this résumé in these circumstances.
6. Transfer Overseas: You may wish your personal information to be accessed by recruiters or by other eFinancialCareers companies based outside the UK or outside the European Economic Area (which may not provide the same protection for such information as offered in the UK). You consent to a transfer of your personal information in the event that the provision of our services to you involves such a transfer.
7. Business transfer: We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of eFinancialCareers. In the event eFinancialCareers goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via Website email of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
Will we disclose the information we collect to third parties?
We will not disclose to third parties any information about your individual visits to the website or personal information that you provide to us unless we have your permission or we believe the law permits or requires it. However we may disclose to our partners and third parties, on an anonymous basis, certain aggregate information contained in your personal information for the purpose of analysis and research into the customer activity and use of our website.
eFinancialCareers reserves the right to access and disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site or to protect itself or its users.
How do we protect your information?
Although no data transmission on the Internet can be completely secure, we do our best to ensure that your personal data is as secure as possible.
When you review your information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software encrypts the information that you input before it is transmitted to us using secure socket layer technology (SSL). In addition, we have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access to comply with the Data Protection Act of 1998, The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and other relevant data protection and privacy legislation. This means that sometimes we may ask for proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
We use a third party such as a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. When you sign up for these services, we will share your personally identifiable information as necessary for the third party to provide that service.
As is true of most Websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We do link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. On revisiting www.efinancialcareers.co.uk our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can alter the settings of your browser to refuse these cookies. If you choose to refuse these cookies, you may still use most of the features of our website. For information on how to control your cookies go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
We employ (or our third party advertising partner employs) a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
Third Party Advertisers
The ads appearing on this Website are delivered to users by DoubleClick, our advertising partner. We share Website usage information about users with a reputable third party DoubleClick for the purpose of targeting our Internet banner advertisements on this site.
Links to Other Sites
This Website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by this Website. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
This Website utilizes framing and masking techniques to make it appear that the user is still on the site when the user is actually on a third party Website.
We also have co-branding relationships with certain partners. In these relationships, you will notice the eFinancialCareers platform on our partners page. In this situation, both parties are collecting your data and both privacy policies govern the data collected. We will not share your data with third parties without your consent in these and other relationships.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Website that collects personally identifiable information.
This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Website.
If you contribute to any user generated forum on this Website (for example: answers, debate, comments), you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about a job, we will ask you for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We use this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email, and do not store these email addresses.
Customer feedback and complaints
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy issues and the design of our website. Should you have any comments please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org