Scholey was previously chairman of SG Warburg, and had once been tipped as a possible Governor of the Bank of England. Leonhard Fischer, 36, has been made a full member of the management board at Dresdner Bank, Frankfurt. Fischer will take joint responsibility for global equities along with Gerhardt Eberstadt. The supervisory board is responsible for appointing management and evaluating performance, but not for the day-to-day running of the company. Fischer joined the bank in 1995, previously having been managing director and head of global markets and treasuries at the German unit of JP Morgan.
Scholey to chair Close Brothers
8 March 1999
- The good, the bad and the hopeful: Recruiter hiring predictions for 2014
- Seven CV words for shortage-skills which will get you banking jobs in Asia, EMEA, North America
- Want to work for a hedge fund? You’ll be lucky
- Expert views on ideal answers to investment banking interview questions
- Morning Coffee: International investment bank cuts 50% of its workforce. 37-year-old banker dies whilst working